Thursday, November 8, 2012

skyscrapers


I wonder what skyscrapers are for?
I wonder why are they built?
I wonder what benefit will the world gained from all these skyscrapers?

As I stare at the clear blue sky in Dunedin
Free from any skyscrapers
Free from any harmful gases
I stare and my heart is at peace
My mind is at ease
And it makes me wonder
why must skyscrapers exist?

I used to dream
to become a world renowned architect
and build the highest and majestic building
make my country proud
and attract many tourists
to come and step into my masterpiece
admire my skill

and now I realized
skyscraper is made to show-off
built for money
to fill our greed
and satisfy our endless demand

skyscrapers..
i would say..
they are just an object of pride
a tool of arrogance
a symbol of capitalism
they are nothing
but a mere piece of earth
taller than others

1 comment:

komenla ape sahaja~♥~